Could you use some assistance with developing your resume and other career documents? You have come to the right place. To prepare you for job search, I will help you define and articulate your value.
I'm Deborah Olson, certified résumé writer (CPRW) and job search strategist. Leveraging over 25 years in executive business roles, I work with a wide range of clients who are preparing for job search. My ideal client recognizes the value of working with a careers professional to develop custom career documents that accelerate the job search process. I do not use resume templates. Documents are formatted specifically to communicate the candidate's professional brand for optimum impact.
Many of my clients come to me discouraged and frustrated with their job search results. They often have great qualifications, but their resumes and online profiles are simply under-representing them. They feel invisible in the job market! I design their resume and cover letter to showcase their unique talents and relevant accomplishments, and get them noticed by hiring managers.
"I love helping my clients get interviews for the jobs they really want! Most people want a career, not just a job. When people have the opportunity to do work they love and enjoy, they are more successful and satisfied. My goal is to write stand-out resumes for my clients that showcase their compelling and relevant value, command the hiring manager's attention, and pass the electronic (ATS) résumé screening systems.
I am passionate about helping my clients develop their unique value brand messages and creating high impact resumes and professional profiles that get results! After 18 years of screening resumes for job requisitions, I can tell you, if the resume does not speak directly to the position, you are wasting your time and the hiring manager's time. Targeted, focused, and authentic resumes are the magic bullet to getting interviews."
How I can help you...
Chances are you have a resume that is either out of date or less than great. You are not alone. Most of the clients I work with realize the value of working with a professional careerist who can provide expert assistance in navigating the job search process more efficiently and effectively. I help my clients define and articulate their value and develop strategic job search road maps that get results.
Whether you are just beginning your professional journey, or you are a seasoned professional seeking new opportunities, or you are somewhere in between, I would love to hear from you. There is no charge or obligation to learn about how we can work together.
How the typical process works ...
- You send me an email with your existing resume attached and a link to a job post that is representative of your target job opportunity.
- I review the documents and give you a custom proposal and quote. (Or contact you for more information and/or to clarify your requirements and goals.)
- If you agree to the proposal, I send you a service agreement and an invoice through my PayPal business service. You will receive an email from PayPal with a link to the invoice. You can securely pay by credit card, and you do not need to have your own PayPal account. Note: Alternative payment methods also available.
- I send you the first draft of your new resume within a few days of receiving the payment and the required information.
- You review the draft and request any edits or corrections.
- The final resume and cover letter are delivered electronically in Microsoft Word, PDF, and plain text formats. Printed copies are available upon request.
*** For clients who do not have an older resume version to start with, a questionnaire will be provided.
For more information on fees, please see the Services & Costs page on the website.